Welcome to Temitope Ajayi's Blogspot
.
.

Sunday 27 July 2014

Presh: My Relationship with KC Still Very Cordial

R&B singer, Precious John aka Presh of the defunct KC Presh group has returned to the music scene after a brief hiatus caused by his break up with KC. Presh is back with a mouth- watering deal with Eric Manny Records. He has followed up with two singles titled - Olegelege and International Lady. The Akwa Ibom State- born entertainer talks to ADEDAYO SHOWEMIMO about his return to music and many more

260714l.presh.jpg - 260714l.presh.jpg


I have not been totally out…
Well, it’s not like I have been totally out. I did drop a song about a year ago but I just didn’t stay to promote it. I had to travel out of the country for almost 1 year. I went to Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and UK, so when I got back home, I knew that I had to study the market before pushing out anything and that’s exactly what I’ve done. Trust me, there’s a master plan and it will start falling into place systematically.

My new single…
Well, the new song it inspired by what I see happening around me on a regular basis. The song, ‘International Lady’ simply talks about a professional lady, who really knows her worth and what she wants. The video was shot and directed by Sesan and we went a different route with the concept. And so far since its release, the response has been awesome.

My deal with Eric Manny Records…
Eric Manny is my boss and family. We’ve known each other for quite a while. So, we got talking and he said to me ‘let’s do business and make money,’ and that’s how it began. I’m not going to disclose the offer to you, but you can tell it’s a good mouth-watering deal. We have a great and cordial relationship. My boss is a boss that listens and carries people along.

Why I stand out….
What stands me out is my vocal ability and my style. What people are listening to right now is just an introduction. This is just the start of a long journey. By the time you listen to other songs I will be dropping in the coming months, you will be thrilled. Going forward, I’ll be dropping more videos and evergreen songs.

Relationship with KCEE…
A lot of times, people tend to compare us, but there’s really no basis for comparison. None at all. I’m on my lane and he’s on his lane too, just like every other artiste. It’s a big market so there’s really no reason for competition at all. Our relationship is still very cordial. I remember I was on a radio show on his birthday recently and I gave him a shout out on air. We are still really good.

Why we parted ways…
Nothing went wrong. We just had an agreement to pursue solo careers. So, keep your fingers crossed, we just might come back.

Foray into music…
It’s a funny story. It’s actually a girl that made me enter music. She said I had a frog and toad voice when I was singing for someone. At first, I got angry and wanted to beat her up. So, I joined the church choir and I remember they put me at the back. I just used to make sounds, because what I did back then wasn’t singing compared to what I know now. So I began to focus and build my vocal strength. I later joined a group of 6 guys called ‘The Genesis’ and one day KCEE came to us and joined. He had this kind of reggae feel to his kind of songs while we were used to the pure gospel and R&B stuff. So, we thought it was a good mix. We came together and anytime we performed in church, it was always electrifying.

If not music….
It would have definitely worked out, because music is all I know. As a child growing up, I always wanted to do music, though at some point I admired accountants because they always looked prim and proper in their suits, but I knew deep down that accounting wasn’t for me.

I sold fufu in Ajegunle…
I grew up in the ghetto. To be precise, No. 4, Lawani Street, Ajegunle, Lagos. My mum used to make fufu and I used to help her in selling and distributing. I did more of supplying not hawking. I remember at the initial stage when I started music, my dad wasn’t happy at first, but when we became popular and started making money, everything changed.

My dream woman…
Well, my dream woman has to be pretty, humble, with a sense of humour. She has to be a balance of a good and a bad girl. Not too holy and not too spoilt. So, we can both be spontaneous and do crazy things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...